2018 Briggs & Stratton 20 kW1 Standby Generator System (40336)
Call for Price
Briggs & Stratton
20 kW1 Standby Generator System (40336)
It is time to stop worrying about losing power! The 20 kW1 standby generator system seamlessly provides backup power to your home within seconds of a power outage.
- Durable Enclosure: Designed to weather the elements, the system's enclosure is made from automotive-grade Galvanneal steel to resist rust. Its advanced powder coat paint process results in years of protection against chips and abrasions.
- Superior Customer Support: Shopping for the right standby generator for your home can be confusing, but Briggs & Stratton will be with you every step of the way. Call our U.S.-based Answer Care Representatives by calling (800) 743-4115 or visit the Customer Support Portal to get your questions answered now.
- Flexible Placement3: Have a tight lot line? Worried about your curb appeal? Install your generator as close as 18" for your home. Our generators are in compliancy with the stringent National Fire Protection Agency 37 standard.
- Commercial-Grade Engine: A commercial-grade Vanguard™ engine means powerful performance when it matters most.
- Financing Solution: We have partnered with Synchrony to provide financing solutions that fit your needs. Special financing* is available on qualified Briggs & Stratton Standby Generators on the Briggs & Stratton Standby Power Credit Card.*Subject to credit approval Minimum monthly payments required.
- 5 Year Parts, Labor & Travel Limited Warranty: Our customer-friendly limited warranty is one of the most comprehensive in the industry. Offering a 5 year parts, labor & travel limited warranty.
- Model Number: 40336
- Running Watts (NG)*: 18,000
- Engine Series: Vanguard™
- Operation: Fully Automatic
- Running Amps (LP): 83.3
- Alternator Type: Computer Friendly
- NG Fuel Consumption**: 50% Load = 187 ft3 /hr
- Battery/Battery Charger: Yes
- Diagnostic Alerts with Remote System Status: Low Oil Shutdown, Engine Does Not Start, Low Frequency, Engine Overspeed, Low Voltage, Low Battery Voltage, Oil Temp High, Transfer Switch Fault
- Governor Type: Electronic
- Length (in): 48
- Height (in): 31
- Warranty (Product)***: 5 Year Parts, Labor & Travel Limited Warranty
- Running Watts (LP)*: 20,000
- Engine Brand: Briggs & Stratton ™
- Engine Displacement (cc): 993
- Voltage (V): 120/240V AC, Single Phase, 1.0 pf
- Running Amps (NG): 75
- LP Fuel Consumption**: 50% Load = 2.31 gal/hr
- Weekly Exerciser: Yes
- Overcrank Protection: Yes
- HZ: 60 Hz
- Alternator: Computer Friendly
- Width (in): 34
- Weight (lbs): 500
NOTES:This generator is rated in accordance with UL (Underwriters Laboratories) 2200 (stationary engine generator assemblies) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) standard C22.2 No. 100-04 (motors and generators).Warranty details available at briggsandstratton.com.3Installations must strictly comply with all applicable codes, industry standards, laws, regulations and provided installation manual. Running engines give off carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless, poisonous gas so it is important to keep exhaust gas away from any windows, doors, ventilation intakes or crawl spaces. The installation manual contains specific instructions related to generator placement in addition to NFPA 37, including the requirement that Carbon monoxide detectors be installed and maintained in your home.
- Engine Type
- 993 cc
- 48 in.
- 34 in.
- 31 in.
- 500 lb.
- AC Output
- 20,000 LPW